Wednesday 29 May 2013

Itching to get started...

Since my first post I have been crazy busy. Away with work, catching up with friends and basically spending little to no time in the flat. As a consequence, I have barely even been able to take my shiny Brother sewing machine out of it's box even for a trial run.

I sit now - in Cardiff - and I'm absolutely desperate to get back and get making something. I've decided I want to buy a big book where I can (badly) sketch out some of the clothes I want to make and also some of the accessories. On the to do list so far is:

* Picnic Blanket Skirt (link to follow shortly)
* Rainbow Underskirt (link to follow)
* Kitten ears for a friend
* Pinafore dress
* Burlesque Sally Rand Fans
* Fascinator (of some design still to be decided)

Now looking at it all together, I wonder if I'm being over-optimistic. But then, Rome wasn't built by people who decided they couldn't accomplish something and I'll never get there if I don't get off my backside and at least give it a try.

I can't wait until Saturday morning - think I'm going to get the machine all set up. Then at least when I can get a minute or two, I can get something started. Now just to find a sketchy book where I can doodle all my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment